The XL BladeMate provides a specialized solution for hauling wind tower blades. This versatile heavy-haul wind trailer can be adjusted to fit any size or brand of blade. It features a unique hydraulically operated self-steering system which increases safety and efficiency by automatically keeping the axles in line with the kingpin. At 184-feet fully extended, length is not an issue. All of the telescoping trailer beams, as well as the pullout bumper, use XL’s trusted extendable technology to create a hassle-free extension.
A wireless remote controls the steering system and can be used to switch to over steering.
24-inch rolling and non-rolling load bunks are positionable on any area of the beam to accommodate various blade models.
Self-steering system automatically rotates axles to keep them in alignment with the truck at all times. The kingpin rotates and prompts the axles to track with it.
Pigtail hooks hold air and electric lines; they are not welded to trailer so they are easily replaced if broken and offer adjustability.
A 20-foot rear non-load-bearing bumper can be pulled into position by two men for fast set-up.
The 53-foot long trailer extends to over 184' using a telescoping beam system.
The telescoping main beam and pullout bumper use XL's trusted extendable technology to extend smoothly.
XL’s new premium paint process, featuring sandblasting, includes a full 1 year warranty
The XL BM is prepped for deck inserts which allow you to reach over 200 feet in length overall.
D.O.T. approved 12V sealed Grote harness with 7 year warranty
Red/green indicator lights on the toolbox front and rear signal if the power unit is on or off.
Always striving to surpass market standards, all new XL products feature a 5 year structural warranty
A beacon alerts the driver and pilot car if the axles turn out of rotation (3° or more).
XL’s one piece construction results in stronger products. Trailer I-beams are made from one piece web and flange and then welded on all sides
Back to List
Back to List
- 9' LONG NECK
- 49" 5TH WHEEL HEIGHT
- 19" KING PIN SETTING
- 77" SWING CLEARANCE
- 2 SPEED LANDING GEAR with handle on CURBSIDE
- BOLT ON ALUMINUM FENDERS
- (2) d-rings on front
- (2) d-rings per side - 4 total
- (4) d-rings on rear of platform
- 20" LOADing PLATFORM on FRONT
- 57" DECK HEIGHT ON PLATFORM
- (1) pair of flag holders
- T-1 flange, 80K web
- 13HP Hydraulic power unit
- 51" loaded deck height
- 20" steel platform at rear with 4 D-rings & 6 chain slots
- telescoping main frame, 4 total sections with stops on 18" centers after total extension of 124'
- 20' pullout, non-load-bearing bumper with stops on 24" centers
- (2) pairs of flag holders
- (1) pair of d-Rings in Tail channel
- (3) 25,000 LB NOMINAL
- 71" AXLE SPACING
- hub pilot, outboard drums
- 2S1M ABS
- 12 1/4" x 7 1/2" brakes
- (1) pair spring brakes
- tritronic hydraulic control
- kingpin steering system with wireless remote control for force-steering
- 25,000 lb AIR RIDE
- RAISE AND LOWER VALVE
- manual ride height control
OVERALL LENGTH & WIDTH
- OVERALL LENGTH: 53' closed, opens to 184' 2" with pullout bumper
- OVERALL WIDTH: 102"
WHEELS & TIRES
- 6.75 X 17.5 STEEL RIMS
- 245/ 17.5 TIRES
- 12V SEALED HARNESS
- rubber mounted LED lights
- 3 tail light package with aluminum cover
- amber strobe as 3rd tail light
- 1 MID-TURN SIGNAL PER SIDE
- 2 CLEARANCE LIGHTS PER SIDE
- 7 POLE ELECTRICAL SOCKET
- (1) BEACON LIGHT to indicate when axles are over 3 degrees out of line with kingpin
- power unit red/green indicator light
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY
- BLACK, IH RED, OR NEW CAT YELLOW
- AIR & ELECTRIC DONE AFTER PAINT
- MANY CUSTOM OPTIONS AVAILABLE