Warranty Claim Instructions
XL Specialized Trailers Warranty Claim Submission Procedures and Instructions (S-501)
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THESE PROCEDURES AND INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN VOIDING OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY.
When dealer sells a trailer:
1. The dealer must submit the Trailer Registration/Service Agreement form (F-3000) with acceptable attached proof of sale to XL within 10 days of selling a trailer to a customer in order for the trailer to be covered under warranty.
2. If the dealer does not sell the trailer within 6 months of the XL invoice date, XL’s limited warranty coverage begins 6 months after the XL invoice date. In this instance, the dealer still must submit the Trailer Registration/Service Agreement form (F-3000) with acceptable attached proof of sale within 10 days of the sale to a customer in order for the trailer to be covered under warranty.
When a warranty issue occurs:
Within 10 days of discovering facts giving rise to a warranty claim and prior to starting warranty repair process, the dealer must contact XL Specialized Trailers in order for the trailer to be covered under warranty. A claim must be submitted online.
1. The most economical warranty work should be performed in an appropriate amount of time as approved by Warranty Manager to insure approval of claim.
2. Once warranty work is approved, XL Specialized Trailers will supply a warranty authorization number (WA#) which must be noted on the invoice submitted to XL within 15 days of repair.
a. Failure to submit warranty invoice within 15 days of repair can result in denied claims.
3. On submitted invoices, report parts and labor separately, including labor rate and hours. Attach work order or shop invoice to the form. Labor will be reimbursed at $90 hour. Under exceptional circumstances, XL, in its sole discretion, may approve warranty labor rates in excess of $90 per hour. Any repair parts that were not supplied by XL shall be included on invoice, with full description and itemized cost specified for each such part.
4. Once XL has received the invoice, XL’s Warranty Manager will approve properly submitted and valid claims and submit them to accounting for reimbursement. Reimbursement will generally occur within 30 days from the date XL receives the Warranty Claim form.
To receive warranty credit, service parts must be repaired by an XL authorized dealer who has a warranty authorization number (WA#). Any parts claims submitted without a WA# will be denied.
Labor will be reimbursed at $90 hour. Under exceptional circumstances, XL, in its sole discretion, may approve warranty labor rates in excess of $90 per hour. Please contact XL Customer Service Manager for repair time allowance, and if the repairs are not covered on time allowance chart, XL will use past job experience and records to set repair time allowance.
Freight on warranty parts is reimbursed at the ground freight cost. If a dealer or customer requests parts to be shipped via a more expensive method, the dealer/customer will pay difference in cost from the ground rate to the selected method.
Dealers and customers may choose to accept their warranty reimbursement in the form of a warranty credit, for which XL will issue a credit memo instead of a reimbursement check. Dealers and customers may use these credits towards future purchases.
Return Goods Authorization
If XL requests the return of failed parts, you will be mailed or faxed a Return Goods Authorization or (RGA#) (XL F-2000). Note: An RGA is not a warranty claim form, and no credit will be issued from an RGA form for a warranty claim; a separate warranty claim form must be completed. When returning the RGA, the RGA number must be visible on the outside of the shipping container. If the RGA# isn’t visible on the outside of the container, it may be refused at our receiving door and returned at the sender’s expense. All Return Goods Authorizations must be delivered to XL prepaid by the sender - no exceptions. XL is not responsible for parts returned without a RGA#, which may result in such parts being lost and no credit being issued for them. Parts returned for warranty evaluation and denied warranty coverage will be held for 30 days from date of our denial letter. After 30 days, all held parts will be scrapped if the sender has not previously requested their return in writing. If a dealer requests XL to return parts, they will be shipped freight -collect. Failure to return a RGA within 30 days from date of the RGA will result in the denial of warranty coverage and a voided RGA. Any attempt to subsequently return the same items will be refused at our receiving door and returned to the dealer at their expense. All parts that XL decides to replace will be held for 60 days after the warranty claim is submitted. After 60 days, the defective parts may be scrapped.
Dealers will receive written notification of a warranty claim denial stating the reason for the denial. Dealers may appeal the denied claim, and must do so within 30 days of notification of denial. If there has been no appeal within that 30 day period, the claim will be considered closed and no future appeal will be heard. Appeals should be made in writing to XL’s Warranty Manager.
Need to file a claim? Click here.