<< Back to all positions
Date Posted: 1/9/2019
Job Location: Manchester, Iowa
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Regular Full-time
Starting Salary Range: $15.00/hour plus 10% shift premium. Merit increases after 90 days and six months.
Required Education: High School Diploma
Required Experience: none
Required Travel: none
Generally expected to work as a valued member of the XL Specialized Trailers team. Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
Responsibilities, Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Document actions by completing production, quality and time forms.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Wears proper personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing relating results as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Basic understanding of shop math
- Ability to read blueprints, specification and follow procedures
- Attention to quality and pride in workmanship.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at an organizational level.
- Commitment to company values.
- Extended periods of standing.
- Frequent crouching, kneeling, bending and stooping.
- Occasional ascending/descending stairs or ladder.
- Occasional pushing or pulling.
- Ability to routinely lift 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100lbs.
Post Offer/Pre-employment Physical and Drug Screen Required.
XL Specialized Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
XL Specialized Trailers will not sponsor a new application for employment authorization for this position.
Applications also available at XL: 1086 South 3rd Street Manchester, IA 52057