<< Back to all positions
Date Posted: 2/11/2019
TULSA WELDING SCHOOL - Jacksonville
March 7, 2019
This posting is for those candidates applying to be interviewed and weld tested at Tulsa Welding School in Jacksonville, Florida on March 7, 2019. All other weld applicants should select from one of the other postings available on this site.
Job Location: Manchester, Iowa
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Regular Full-time
Starting Salary Range: $18.00/hour starting, 10% shift differential. Merit increases at 90 days and 6 months. Relocation assistance is available.
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Experience: One year welding experience
Required Travel: None
As a valued member of the XL Specialized Trailers team, this job is responsible for assembling products using hand-held welding and flame-cutting equipment to join metal components following assembly instructions and procedures.
Responsibilities, Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprints, specifications and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies with hand-held welding equipment.
- Corrects welds by chipping or grinding off excess weld, slag or splatter using hand scrapers, portable grinders or arc-cutting equipment.
- Move components by operating an overhead crane, using safe work habits.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed components; conducting a self inspection.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following operating procedures.
- Document actions by completing production, quality and time forms.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Wear proper personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year welding experience
- Proven ability to weld using MIG hand-held welder
- Basic understand of Shop Math
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and specification
Applications also available at XL: 1086 South 3rd Street Manchester, IA 52057