General Labor - Fabrication 2nd Shift
<< Back to all positions
Date Posted: 1/9/2019
Job Location: Manchester, Iowa
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Regular Full-time
Starting Salary Range:
- $15.00/hour plus 10% shift differential, merit increase after 90 days and after 6 months.
Required Education: High School Diploma
Required Travel: none
Generally expected to work as a valued member of the XL Specialized Trailers team. Prepares and processes parts prior to assembly
Responsibilities, Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Prepares parts for assembly by buffing and beveling edges with hand grinders.
- Determines parts flow to be processed by identifying parts, checking components and quantities against parts list, distributes for further processing.
- Maintains status of staged orders by logging orders and material movement; notifying production planning.
- Maintains production by identifying space for staged components; delivering components to work centers; requisitioning and verifying additional components.
- Completes production record by recording and delivering tubs and pallets of finished stock.
- Resolves productions problems by altering process to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Document actions by completing production, quality and time forms.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Wears proper personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing relating results as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic understanding of shop math
- Ability to read blueprints, specification and follow procedures
- Attention to quality and pride in workmanship.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at an organizational level.
- Commitment to company values.
- Extended periods of standing.
- Frequent crouching, kneeling, bending and stooping.
- Occasional ascending/descending stairs or ladder.
- Occasional pushing or pulling.
- Ability to routinely lift 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100lbs.
- Work is primarily performed indoors.
Post Offer/Pre-employment Physical and Drug Screen Required.
XL Specialized Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications also available at XL: 1086 South 3rd Street Manchester, IA 52057